Originally from Missouri, Frank Duncan arrived in the Big Bend in the early part of the 20th century, where he lived in Terlingua, Presidio and, eventually, Marfa. In 1916 he opened the Duncan Photography Company and produced thousands of images of the region, especially landscapes and ranching scenes. The museum holds 2,200 panoramic and glass negatives by Duncan and many of his images don the museum’s galleries.
Marfa and Presidio County Museum
110 W San Antonio Street / Hwy 90
Marfa, TX 79843